You can help support the PAM by donating a Wishlist item. These are items that will make our exhibitions and programs even better. These include items such as lightly used office equipment and nitrile gloves. All donations are unrestricted and tax-deductible.
We have a Wish List on Amazon.com. If you would like, you can purchase an item or items from this list and have it sent directly to the museum. Thank you for your support!
- Acid-free cardstock (white)
- Small 3M vacuum with attachments
- Self-healing large cutting board and rotary cutter
- Printer Ink: Canon CL-241XL (color) Canon 240XXL (black)
- Brother genuine Ink&Toner TN-431 Standard, or TN433 High-Yield or TN436 Super High-Yield.
- Printer paper (white)
Please contact our Operations Director) at 907 451-0037 or at email@example.com for more information or to make a donation. Thank you!
- Buck, Rebecca A. and Jean Allman Gilmore, eds. Museum Registration Methods 5, American Association of Museums, Washington, D.C., 2010.
- Gardner, James and Elizabeth Merrit, AAM Guide to Collections Planning, American Association of Museums, Washington, D.C., 2004.
- Malaro, Marie. A Legal Primer on Managing Museum Collections, 2nd Edition, Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, D.C., 1998.
- National Committee to Save America’s Cultural Collections. Caring for Your Collections, Henry N. Abrams, New York, 1992.
- Simmons, John E. Things Great and Small: Collection Management Policies, American Association of Museums, Washington, D.C., 2005.
Registration and Collections Management:
- Demakouras, Marie (editor), Basic Condition Reporting: A Handbook, 3rd edition, Southeastern Registrars Association, 1998.
- National Parks Service, Museum Handbook, Part I, Museum Collections. National Park Service, Washington, D.C. 2007.
- Rose, Carolyn L., Catharine A. Hawks, and Hugh H. Genoways. Storage of Natural History Collections: A Preventive Conservation Approach, 1995.
- Wythe, Debora, ed. Museum Archives: An Introduction, American Society of Archivists, 2004.
- Flowers, Jeffrey Jane and Alice Parman, Exhibit Makeovers: A Do-It-Yourself Workbook for Small Museums, American Association of State and Local History.
- Serrell, Beverly, Exhibition Labels.
- AIC Directory, American Institute of Conservation, released yearly.
- Bachmann, Konstanze, ed. Conservation Concerns: A Guide for Collectors and Curators. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, D.C., 1992.
- Ellis, Margaret Holben. The Care of Prints and Drawings. New York: AltaMira Press, 1995.
- Frey, Franziska, Dawn Heller, Dan Kushel, Timothy Vitale, Jeffrey Warda, and Gawain Weaver. The AIC Guide to Digital Photograph and Conservation Documentation. Washington, DC.: AIC, 2008.
- Gorman, G. E. and Sydney J. Shep, ed. Preservation Management of Libraries, Archives and Museums. Facet Publishing, London, 2006.
Legal and Ethical:
- ALI-ABA (American Legal Institute, American Bar Association), Course of Studies Materials: Legal Problems of Museum Administration. Published annual since 1973.
- Malaro, Marie C. Museum Governance: Mission, Ethics, Policy. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, D.C., 1994.
- Steiner, Christine, ed. A Museum Guide to Copyright and Trademark.
- Lord, Allyn (editor), Steal This Handbook!: A Template for Creating a Museum’s Emergency Preparedness Plan, Southeastern Registrars Association, 1994.
Public Relations and Marketing:
- Mansfield, Heather, Social Media for Social Good.