- Open and close the museum
- Charge and process admission
- Manage a small retail shop and its inventory
- Provide information about The Pioneer Air Museum to visitors throughout the summer
- Perform light housekeeping throughout the afternoon and after hours.
- Work alone at times
- Promote the Museum and encourage visitors to become members.
- Keep track of maximum visitors in the building.
- Assist with general tasks delegated by the Operations Director or Collection Manager
Given the current social circumstances, tasks for this position may change as the summer progresses.
- Ideally, the candidate would have a background or interest in Aviation
- Technology proficiency
- Has a friendly outgoing personality.
- Is 18 or older and must complete a background check.
- Candidates should be able lift 35 pounds, and have the ability/desire to work
- Mask mandates: we’ll follow CDC guidelines, and their new color-coded system.
The Pioneer Air Museum provides:
- A friendly work environment
- Connection with the aviation community of Fairbanks
- 40 hours per week, Wednesday – Sunday, 11:00 am – 7:00pm with schedule and hours varying.
- The position will be from mid-to-late May, to early September after Labor Day.
- $21 – $24 per hour, this is a multi-faceted position, and the skills and experience of the successful candidate will reflect in the compensation.
If you’re interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.