Pioneer Air Museum wants to feature this do-it-yourself Alaskan spirit in our new exhibit on Fairbanks area airports and airfields. We hope to illustrate the wide range of airfields – military, public and private – and their importance to our local community. Your back yard runway could be featured in our museum, alongside fields like Weeks Field, Fairbanks International, Ladd Field, Eielson and more.
If you’ve got a runway in your yard that you want to show off, we want to see it! We may feature your photos in our exhibit, on our website/blog or on social media.
We want to know things like:
- When and why was the runway built?
- What was the biggest challenge when it was first built?
- Photo of what it looked like at the very beginning and now?
- A funny, or special story or memory about it.
- How is flying from this field different from a larger, public field?
Want to help? Drop us a comment, send it to us via Facebook messenger or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thanks for your continued support of Alaska aviation history and Pioneer Air Museum!